Don't re-download rpms if they exist on disk
If a content unit exists on disk but is not on the DB, Pulp re-downloads the content at sync time.
Pulp should instead recognize that a rpm plugin unit (rpm, srpm, drpm, distribution) is on disk and use that to create the unit in the database from. The result would be that content which exists on disk is not re-downloaded.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync a large repo
2. Watch it take a while
3. Clear your mongo db
4. rerun pulp-manage-db
5. Sync the same repo
6. Watch it take the same amount of time (all the files are on the file system, so it should take the same amount of time)
Updated by mhrivnak over 6 years ago
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Groomed changed from No to Yes
- Tags Documentation added
This is a documentation task with the checklist items above.
Document what to backup from mongodb, but we should probably avoid documenting specific commands that can change over time.
Updated by mhrivnak almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset pulp:pulp|3dd7cefc2343b2b7b901dce2ce92ebbf14d3e723.