As a user, an importer config change or content removal will cause the next sync to be full
__A sync optimization exists that checks the remote metadata's revision number, and if it hasn't increased since the last successful sync, skips most of the current sync. It tries to accommodate several edge cases where the full sync should happen, but it's difficult and cumbersome to try catching them all. Here's what the decision looks like today:
if 0 < metadata_files.revision <= previous_revision \ and not self.config.override_config.get(importer_constants.KEY_FEED) \ and previous_skip_set - current_skip_set == set() \ and (self.download_deferred or not missing_units) \ and not sync_due_to_unit_removal:
It would be valuable in this importer, and in others, to simplify some of the conditions down to these questions:
The sync should be full in case one of these answers are true:
1. Did the config change in any way since the last sync?
- A new field should be added to the Importer model 'last_updated'. As a consequence a migration should be written.
2. Has content been removed since the last sync?
3. If there was something specified in the override_config( because it changes current sync).
- A new field should be added to the Importer model 'last_override_config'. As a consequence a migration should be written.
4. Force-full option was specified.
Ideally, the platform should make it easy to answer those two questions. Then individual imports like this one can use that knowledge, combined with plugin-specific logic (like the repomd revision number) to decide if some or all of the sync can be skipped.
There is already code in the yum importer to answer question 2. It's only about 6 lines of code, but it would be easy and convenient to put that in the platform as a function, perhaps as a method on the Importer model.
Similar work was done here for distributors: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/1724
Add generic checks for whether a full sync should be forced to the repo controller. closes #1983
#11 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org almost 5 years ago
- Checklist item Put logic in the platform that can answer the two key questions set to Done
- Checklist item Modify the skip decision logic to use that information set to Done
- Checklist item Add release notes set to Done
- Checklist item write needed migrations set to Done
- Checklist item implement a pre_save_signal for importer set to Done
#15 Updated by dalley almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from POST to MODIFIED
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset pulp:pulp|6868481c1a0eeab06d1f18330e7fd7dc533d8007.
Please register to edit this issue