Project

Profile

Help

Issue #1094

repodata wrongly created for copied rpms

Added by zottel about 5 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
CLOSED - NOTABUG
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
Due date:
Estimated time:
Severity:
2. Medium
Version:
2.6.1
Platform Release:
OS:
CentOS 7
Triaged:
Yes
Groomed:
No
Sprint Candidate:
No
Tags:
Pulp 2
Sprint:
Quarter:

Description

Since upgrading from 2.6beta (March 2015) to 2.6.2 stable I am getting wrong repomd.xml files generated.

This happens when I use:

pulp-admin rpm repo content rpm copy

The generated repomd.xml is sometimes pointing to tarballs that don't exist, so my yum clients are fetching updateinfo.tar.gz with a 404.
I have also reinstalled the system fresh and did another install not migrating any data, but instead reuploading all old artifacts.

A workaround that I am currently applying is downloading the rpm from one repo and using pulp-admin to upload it to the other one, which seems to never fail generating repodata properly.

History

#1 Updated by zottel about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from NEW to CLOSED - NOTABUG

After a second repository, where we didn't use copy, failed as well, we did some more testing.

Two days of debugging later and we found out it's a cache in our company network that keeps outdated repodata for this specific server.

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

#2 Updated by mhrivnak about 5 years ago

  • Triaged changed from No to Yes

#3 Updated by bmbouter over 1 year ago

  • Tags Pulp 2 added

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF