As a user, I can synchronize packages from PyPI
This story is about introducing the ability to synchronize packages from PyPI. Deliverables include:
- Implement the synchronize method on the Importer so that it is able to accept and synchonize from a feed_url to PyPI's simple API.
- Support Nectar's various options (max speed, proxy support, concurrency, SSL settings [optional], etc.). Choose the settings which make the most sense.
- Include a setting that lets users select the specific packages they want to sync. For now, we will use a simple comma separated list of package names. If we wish for more functionality in the future, we will do that in a later story.
- Add pulp-admin support.
- Document the new features. We should add something to the getting started guide, and we will also need to document the importer settings that were added (feed, list of packages, and the Nectar settings that are supported).
Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org over 7 years ago
- Groomed set to No
- Sprint Candidate set to No
Here are the instructions for synchronizing PyPI: https://github.com/rbarlow/pulp_python/blob/master/docs/user-docs/getting_started.rst#synchronize-packages-from-pypi